Saturday, May 14, 2011

DAY 27: BRIDE AND PREJUDICE

     Being a bride can mean so many different things to a woman. It brings a whirlwind of mixed emotions to the table, the most prominent of all, of course, excitement. I'm finding that sometimes its hard to discover who you are and who God wants you to be in the midst of all the crazy feelings. You forget who you are when you are defined by your engagement and status as a soon-to-be-married couple.
     After several years (mostly through college) of trying to figure out "who I am" and "who God wants me to be", and disifering between the convictions and preferrences of the people around me and my own, preparing to become one with another brings it all back to life. Who are we as a couple? Who are we going to be as a married couple?
     We obviously have different opinions and perspectives, but how do we find a balance? Our own "flow", so to speak. When we both think we are right, and have our own, stubborn, reasons for thinking that, our biases begin to draw a line in between us. Our prejudices become more important than God's truths. That's when I forget the whole reason for getting married and become bridezilla. A.K.- Selfish.
     I guess the whole point is discovering these things together. We will now be a duo.

No comments:

Post a Comment