Friday, May 27, 2011

DAY 15: Juicy Red Pimples

      
  As the number of days until "I do" is rapidly dwindling, I am beginning to feel an explosion of mixed emotions, although I would not go so far as to define this as “STRESS!!!” just yet. Thankfully, the impending stress that is expected to come when planning a wedding has not taken over quite yet. But what do I do if, or when, it hits?
I don't know about you, but when I do get stressed, my face turns into a large pepperoni pizza; which, of course, makes me more stressed!  I have not been accustomed to the healthiest ways of relieving stress in the past, so I am taking the initiative and preparing to deal with it in a healthier manner in the future. Here are some verses that I found to comfort me as “the day”, and the anticipated increase in my stress level along with it, draws near.
"My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." (Exodus 33:14)
"It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." (Deuteronomy 31:8)
"The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble." (Psalm 9:9-10)
"I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." (Psalm 16:8)
"For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God. (1 John 5:4-5)"
"Cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you. Discipline yourselves, keep alert. Like a roaring lion your adversary the devil prowls around, looking for someone to devour. Resist him, steadfast in your faith. And after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, support, strengthen, and establish you." (1 Peter 5:7-9a,10)

No comments:

Post a Comment