Thursday, May 19, 2011

DAY 22: THE COLOR GOLD

     
The artist widely known for his use of gold, but probably more famous for cutting his own ear off, was, of course, Vincent Van Gogh.  Van Gogh wisely proposed this question: "What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?”   Pondering this makes me wonder, do I have the courage to attempt anything?  Am I willing to "step out of the box"?   I enjoy a challenge as much as the next guy, but how well do I really handle being moved beyond my comfort zone?
In order to find out what my purpose is, or more precisely, what our purpose will be after June 11, I have to be willing to at least consider attempting what may seem only remotely possible, to pursue the inconceivable.  No matter how unreachable the destination may seem, it is well to remember it is often the journey itself that makes achieving your dreams worthwhile.
Though I probably (hopefully) will never attempt removing my own ear (or any other part of my body) like Vincent Van Gogh, I pray that God will allow me and my future husband to have the courage, nay, to have the audacity, to pursue our dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment