Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sittin, Waitin, Watchin.

If patience is a virtue, you can consider me....well..... whatever the antonym of virtuous is. I don't like to sit, I don't like to wait, and I definitely don't like to watch. But for some reason God has had me doing this for a considerably long time, the only lesson I can conclude he is trying to teach me is, patience.
When you watch one door after another slam so close to your face it grazes your nose, how are you supposed to have faith? Well..........easily. I am not destitute, I am not alone. I am better off than most of the world, and I have God to thank.

I look back now and realize that I pretty much wasted this period of waiting. I didn't use it to grow closer to God, I didn't use it to grow as a person, and I didn't use it to grow in knowledge or wisdom. Why is it that the majority of waiting periods have that outcome; especially when we know there is a purpose for it other than wasting time sittin, waitin, watchin?

No comments:

Post a Comment