Thursday, March 29, 2012

100,000 Times a Day Yellow Lights Turn Red

Sometimes you are left in the dark counting all your struggles and sins. You wonder why your heart is numb and how you are going to hold things together for much longer. Jobs, bills, stress......life.

Yellow to red 100,000 times a day. The green light won't stay green for long. You have to figure out if you are going to go for it and force something that could cause you more altercation, or stop and wait. I have not wanted to stop and wait around. I want things to happen, whether they are God's will or my own. I want something, anything, to happen. I just want the light to turn green and stay green! I never considered that what I do while I wait matters.

Every time I see the light ahead in the distance, green and bright and full of excitement and possibilities, it turns yellow. Then red. I am stuck waiting for the next green light; which, ultimately, leads me to another yellow, then the inevitable red one.

I have a friend in pretty much the same circumstance, and I she understands that while we have time to pray, and thank, and do, instead we sit, and watch, and  grumble.

Even though I do, God may not think I'm ready. And  maybe, just maybe, if I change my perspective and start being productive, the light will stay green and I can move on to the next phase. And so can you.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, I loved this post. I've been in that boat...wait I still am. It's very, very tough waiting. I hope your get your green light soon.

    ReplyDelete